Sunday, September 2, with an 8:00 a.m. start
Registration Begins: Dale’s parking lot, 7:15 a.m.
Assembly Time to Receive Instructions: 7:45 a.m. sharp
DO NOT BEGIN THIS PHYSICAL ENDURANCE CHALLENGE
UNLESS YOU EXPECT TO FINISH.
What to bring
We'll patrol the lake and may see you a few times, but here's some good, worst-case advice: BE PREPARED TO BE ALL ALONE OUT THERE.
Need a Kayak?
Whether you enjoy the Paddle Challenge really depends on the quality (and length) of your kayak, so some people like to rent a nice one.
The folks at Waccamaw Canoe and Kayak have plenty of nice kayaks, and they make a trip up here each Labor Day weekend to rent to our participants. Contact them for more information.
But, can you do it?
Do not attempt this Personal Endurance Challenge if you cannot easily:
Paddle for one hour easily, and paddle in rough water.
• In more than one PEC? Save your numbered bib.
• You must complete a PEC unassisted for an award.
• Parents are responsible for their children at all times.
• No pets.
• These are not guided tours; you must make your own decisions regarding your abilities and the weather.
• Do not litter – recycle, find a garbage can, or carry it.
•DRINK BEFORE YOU GET THIRSTY!