We hope you are as excited as we are to Take the Lake in 2020!
Take the Lake begins tomorrow, Sunday, August 23.
Starting on the 23rd you can start logging in your daily distances online. The first time that you log your miles you will need to set your goal! How many times will you circle the Lake in 15 days? This link will take you to where you can learn how to submit your distances https://runsignup.com/Race/TTL2020/Page/submitmiles
Here are a few notes to remember as we get ready tomorrow for the Take the Lake Virtual Challenge kick-off.
1. If you haven't registered for TTL, it is not too late!! Go right now to register online at https://runsignup.com/Race/NC/LakeWaccamaw/TTL2020. All events are FREE.
2. Join the Take the Lake 2020 Facebook group and meet the TTL 2020 community!
We want to see your pictures of where and how you are Taking the Lake from all over the United States! We also have some fun prizes during the Take The Lake Challenge - post pictures on our Facebook Group to earn prizes!
3. Show your support for Take the Lake! Due to popular demand, we will be placing another shirt order on Monday, August 24th and we will be sending out those shirts by mail so you can wear your shirt during Take the Lake! Place your shirt order by mid-night Sunday, August 23, to be included in this special order. We'll still place a final order on September 10.
4. Download your Bib! You can print out your bib OR download your bib and make it your profile picture on Facebook to show your friends you are Taking the Lake! Here are directions on how to get your bib! https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XTJ3vXc4V1bW5ObsCoHpk0pzHnfnNO40yyE6tSS1Llg/edit
5. If you have any trouble submitting your results the first time - check our FAQ page for helpful tips and hints. Helpful FAQ's https://runsignup.com/Race/TTL2020/Page-12 If none of our tips and tricks solve the problem - email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join in the TTL training fun, and leave a comment!
Take the Lake would not be possible without our generous sponsors. Thank you for supporting fitness and good health in our community!
Thank you to our sponsors!
Columbus Regional Healthcare System
The John A. McNeill Family
Carolina Sports Medicine
Council Tool Company
Friends of Rube McCrae Memorial Library
Hill's Food Stores
Southeastern Community College
Baldwin Woods Pharmacy
Dale's Seafood Restaurant
Powell and Powell Law
Sam’s Pit Stop
Special Service Sponsors
Body Shapers Fitness Center
Lake Time Vintiques
The News Reporter
Take a few minutes and reel through the years of Take the Lake, as we review the many themes and posters that have helped make fitness more fun in Columbus County! Click here
After spending several years at the very bottom of the County Health Ranking -- as the least healthy county in all of North Carolina -- we have improved our lifestyles enough to move up to 96, and we are proud to be so healthy!
DID YOU KNOW...
that the second-most-popular Boy Scout merit badge in the U.S. is for Swimming? And the ninth-most-popular is Personal Fitness? Yes!
Six girls complete
all four PECs.
Are you ready?
Visit our Sponsor Page, or Contact us if you would like to be a part of the largest community fitness event in Columbus County!