We're thrilled that we collected our 100th registration today. Charles Evans, 82, of Supply has accepted the Walk / Run and the Bike & Hike Personal Endurance Challenges, and has begun training. By the same time last year, only 13 people had registered, and we're thrilled by not only the apparent growth of Take the Lake, but by participants' strategy of registering early and, we
$140,000. The first 260 people who register for Take the Lake by July 15 will each have one chance to win.
Here are some breakdowns of the first 103 registrants, as of Saturday afternoon:
- Women are showing up the men, with 58 registrations over the males' 45.
- We have 60 people inside Columbus County registered and 45 who live elsewhere.
- As for age, it was pretty much split at 40, with the same number of people under age 39 as 40 and over.
- Most people signed up to do the Walk / Run, with 82 registrations, and the Bike & Hike is second, with 64. We have 29 paddlers signed up so far, and nine swimmers.
- We have 11 people who have volunteered to promote Take the Lake outside Columbus County, seven who have offered (through registrations) to help organize the event, and nine who want to help out Labor Day weekend.
It's not too late for you to volunteer! Just check out our volunteer page and pick something you will enjoy. And, of course, it's not too late to register! Just complete our simple online Registration Form.
Join in the TTL training fun, and leave a comment!
Take the Lake would not be possible without our generous sponsors. Thank you for supporting fitness and good health in our community!
Thank you to our sponsors!
Columbus Regional Healthcare System
The John A. McNeill Family
Carolina Sports Medicine
Council Tool Company
Friends of Rube McCrae Memorial Library
Hill's Food Stores
Southeastern Community College
Baldwin Woods Pharmacy
Dale's Seafood Restaurant
Powell and Powell Law
Sam’s Pit Stop
Special Service Sponsors
Body Shapers Fitness Center
Lake Time Vintiques
The News Reporter
Take a few minutes and reel through the years of Take the Lake, as we review the many themes and posters that have helped make fitness more fun in Columbus County! Click here
After spending several years at the very bottom of the County Health Ranking -- as the least healthy county in all of North Carolina -- we have improved our lifestyles enough to move up to 96, and we are proud to be so healthy!
Look at this!
The Weigh We Were - Photos and stories of people who have lost 100 lbs or more -- incredible and inspiring!
DID YOU KNOW...
that the second-most-popular Boy Scout merit badge in the U.S. is for Swimming? And the ninth-most-popular is Personal Fitness? Yes!
Six girls complete
all four PECs.
Are you ready?
movies -- please!
Visit our Sponsor Page, or Contact us if you would like to be a part of the largest community fitness event in Columbus County!